Welcome to IT
We've changed our name!
Information Resources and Technology is now Information Technology
On February 21, 2013, President Tomás Morales announced the name change for the division. The division of Information Resources and Technology has become the Division of Information Technology to better align ourselves with other universities across the nation and to improve our branding of the division. Although our name has changed, our commitment to the campus community remains strong. Our professional staff will continue to provide you stellar customer service and support.
The university is currently recruiting for a Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Vice President for Information Technology (IT).
The IRT Division came into existence in 1992. Our name was changed to Information Technology in 2013. Our mission is to foster the evolution and development of information technology on campus and to encourage the integration and utilization of new and existing campus computing, communications, and media tools and applications.
In addition IT also supports the teaching/learning process, research, scholarship and creative activities, academic/administrative services, and local regional public outreach. IT takes pride in that it is guided by the following principles:
- Be responsive to the changing information technology needs of a highly diverse student, faculty, and staff community.
- Offer support and leadership through collaborative efforts with faculty, student, and staff.
- In a participative manner, perpetuate information technology integration as a part of the academic and administrative fabric covering all programs.
- Aggressively respond to the tactical objectives set forth by the campus strategic plan.
- Advance CSUSB as one of the foremost teaching/learning environments in higher education by applying, as appropriate, technology solutions.
Organizationally, IT has six interrelated departments managed under the office of the Chief Information Officer and Vice President for Information Technology:
- Academic Computing & Media Service
- Administrative Computing Services
- Common Management Systems
- Data Center and Helpdesk Services
- Information Security Office
- Telecommunications & Network Services
IT professional staff strive to be the best in their fields in order to serve the campus community. Currently, there are 75 full-time staff, 16 temporary staff, and 63 student assistants. The annual operating budget is over $6 million.
I hope you will take the time to browse our site. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 909-537-5100 or via email at email@example.com.
Interim Vice President and CIO